While stepping into my 27th year of walking on this earth, holding 26 years of days in my skin, I wander.
I reflect on the love and support I’ve received, and I am grateful.
I consider my achievements and failures, my work and my rest, and I am full.
I forget the things so ordinary they have settled like silt, yet become the bedrock of me.
I catch a glimpse of the monsters I’ve befriended, the demons still sullen, the stories I am sitting with, waiting on language for.
I decide on how to be reliable and unpredictable at the same time:
- to hold trust
- to receive another life with integrity and grace
- to defy easy definition
- to shed expectations like dead skin
- to prevent the labels from boxing me in
- to remain a complete universe
- to surprise and wonder those looking for the ends and the means
- to wonder at the ends and the means
- to remember to pause at the bridge and catch the evening shadow of trees
- to walk the city alone and feel it is right
- to return to the things of consequence
- to finish in order to begin again
If 2017 was anything to go by, I am woefully inadequate, yet ready for what’s next.
As always, 我會變成巨人，踏著力氣，踩著夢。